Cherry shrimp & Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not think they would be. They are very small and a betta can be very aggresive plus they like shrimp. I have read on the forums of them killing ghost shrimp which are bigger. If you do try it, make sure there are a lot of hiding places and plants for the shrimp to hide. You may be buying your betta an expensive snack. Good luck ...Alison

+1, however, it really depends on the betta. They have varying personalities, so where one lives fine with shrimp, another may not. Try to get shrimp that are at least bigger than the betta's mouth. And yeah, lots of hiding places are super important.

Since my Betta has always been in a tank with only a snail, I have no idea how aggressive he is. The only way I will know is to potentially sacrifice a shrimp. Think I'll just keep the shrimp in a small dedicated tank. I understand they reproduce quite easily, so that will be fun to watch. Thanks for the help.

My male dumbo betta gets along just fine with the 8 red cherry shrimp that live with him in his 10 gallon. I even found some baby shrimp just yesterday!

But yes, it differs for each betta on how they will react to the shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom