Chocolate guramis in my tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I took a pair of chocolate guramis and an other of rams.

They all look very nice! The rams started eating from the subtrate imediately, the guramis found a good corner to hide (as expexted). But they are already going out some times!

kostasonia said:
I will try to take a better photo of them (if they let me :) ) They costed 2.95€ (i live in Barcelona, Spain).

you should put that in your profile, always cool to see people from foreign countries. 2.95 euros would be like $3.15 american?

hc8719 said:
could you get another pic of the choc. they look pretty cool. how much did they cost?

here it goes!

I have a problem though...My danios and guppys go first to the food supposed to be for them..how can I make it easier for them to eat? They show interest to food but the rest are faster..

really? my moonlight and kissing gourami are always first to the top. i guess dwarfs arent as quick. what i use to do for my glass cats was to swirl some of the food with my finger, so while the top feeders ate, slower mid feeders could get some too.

My Chocolate Gouramis were very timid when I first got them.
Not to say they are the most outgoing fish in my tank now but they don't get pushed around or miss out on any food anymore.

Yours will come around......just give them some time to adjust.

It's pretty interesting to watch them swim around. They are like puffers in that they don't use their tail much to swim.

And as for the price you paid......either you got a great deal or I got screwed. I payed nearly $10 each about a year ago at my LFS. :(
I've haven't priced them since.....I've got two and I'm happy with that number.

I've had good luck with mine so far.....they are suppose to be a "less than hardy" gourami. I would recommend keeping up with your water changes as they are pretty sensitive to bad water quality.

Good luck with them though........they are great little fish. :)

I love the look of chocolate gouramis but i've read that they can be a bit of a challenge for beginners, I'm not sure why though. Don't worry about them not eating, my pearl gouramis were like that at first and now if they dont get enough flake food then they eat my corries pellet lol and sometimes they will get aggressive with each other over food but I think its just their adolescent stage. Also, my gouramis were like $5.00 each when I got them so maybe you did pay a little too much. But it depends where you live and what store you get them from. Like, where I live I have a hard time finding more pearls

Back
Top Bottom