Cichlid tank with a Jellyfish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeirdreHoyle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
Last night my boyfriend and I went out to a bar with some friends and there was a fish tank set in the wall near where we sat. It looked to be about 125-150 gallons (rough estimate, I'm not great at guessing tank sizes) and it was stocked with two electric yellow cichlids, a white convict and some other african cichlids that I couldn't place. and then there was a jellyfish!!

I immediately thought...umm don't jellyfish need cold temperatures and salt water? And they're in a tropical cichlid tank? Not everyone was as concerned as I was because most people don't go to a bar and fixate on the fish tanks lol...but I was deeply confused! Does anyone have any ideas of how cichlids and jellyfish could be kept together?

Simple answer, it was fake. They make fake ones that look pretty real and move in the current

Simple answer, it was fake. They make fake ones that look pretty real and move in the current

That's what I thought but it really did look real..it kept moving its tentacles like it was trying to grab food or something.

It was probably fake but it was so convincing...

Most likely an Eshopps Floating Jellyfish. They make lionfish too. Pretty convincing.

Call the bar and ask if the jellyfish is real ?

Sounds cool. Where can u get these fake jellyfish ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get one if I had a bigger tank it looked pretty cool lol thanks for your help guys I was so confused!

Back
Top Bottom