Clouded archerfish natural tankmate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I want to get back into the aquarium hobby after living somewhere I could not have a large aquarium with a bang.
Setting up one of my dream tanks.
A 125 gallon clouded archerfish (Toxotes blythii). I'm thinking a dozen would look great. But archers stay at the top of the tank. I would like something that will fill out the bottom and middle of the tank. And something that may live with Toxotes blythii in the wild.

And any plant recommendations
Both for in the water and above as I'm doing a vivarium setup so the archerfish can do what makes them so awesome.

So I want to get back into the aquarium hobby after living somewhere I could not have a large aquarium with a bang.
Setting up one of my dream tanks.
A 125 gallon clouded archerfish (Toxotes blythii). I'm thinking a dozen would look great. But archers stay at the top of the tank. I would like something that will fill out the bottom and middle of the tank. And something that may live with Toxotes blythii in the wild.

And any plant recommendations
Both for in the water and above as I'm doing a vivarium setup so the archerfish can do what makes them so awesome.

As far as fish that would like in the same biotope and inhabit the bottom, Burmese Border Loaches could be an option. I know there are quite a few other loach species from that area of Myanmar, but I do not know their exact names. Many are uncommon in the hobby.

For plants, Acorus Japanese Sweetflag is an excellent marginal plant that will grow quite well right at the waterline. I Think it would achieve the look that you are going for.

Back
Top Bottom