Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMagno View Post
The API freshwater master test kit is a much. Since you don't have any live plants you're not adding any nutrients, which means the algae is most likely cause by light. 6 hours really isn't excessive, so my only guess is that your light might be too powerful for your tank. I believe your loach will eat any snails you put in, but I'm not entirely certain?
no, he only has kuli loach, which will not bother the snails. plus the nerites are pretty big themselves there's no way that the kuli will try to wrestle with the nerite.
__________________

__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
FishRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 267
Do you think I should return my pleco and get snails or just add snails? Ok I'll pick up that test kit.
__________________

__________________
FishRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishRus View Post
Do you think I should return my pleco and get snails or just add snails? Ok I'll pick up that test kit.

call them ahead of time to confirm. different stores have different attitude regarding this issue. i would return if i were you because i have a personal dislike for plecos and considering the fact that you're overstocking i would return it. but definitely call ahead of time to make sure. my local lfs has really awesome return policy therefore thus far i've not had issue with returning fish dead or alive.
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
FishRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post

call them ahead of time to confirm. different stores have different attitude regarding this issue. i would return if i were you because i have a personal dislike for plecos and considering the fact that you're overstocking i would return it. but definitely call ahead of time to make sure. my local lfs has really awesome return policy therefore thus far i've not had issue with returning fish dead or alive.
My lfs has a great policy too they don't mind if I bring back fish dead or alive also. I think I'm going to return him since I never see him and he's not really doing me any good. If I was able to see him everyday it would be a different story... Ill look into the snails a little bit more. Thank you for all the help.
__________________
FishRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
FishRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 267
Also I don't feel as if I'm over stocked. Do you feel I am for a 55 gal fw community tank?
__________________
FishRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
JRMagno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
Posts: 114
Even though clown plecos stay relatively small they still have a fairly large bio load. If you don't like him, I say take him back. I keep mine because I enjoy seeing him when I find him! Sorry about the wrong info on the loach
__________________
JRMagno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
FishRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMagno View Post
Even though clown plecos stay relatively small they still have a fairly large bio load. If you don't like him, I say take him back. I keep mine because I enjoy seeing him when I find him! Sorry about the wrong info on the loach
Yeah I think I'm going to try and return him. I just hate the fact that I've only seen him once in two weeks, plus with his high bio load he just won't work for me. That's ok! I appreciate all in the info!
__________________
FishRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
FishRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 267
There only going to give me 1/3 in store credit for him so I think I'm just going to keep him and make the best out of it. Hopefully he shows himself a little more.
__________________

__________________
FishRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clown, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.