Colorful Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JSemach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 29 gallon aquarium, which for the most part is devoid of color. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a colorful mid-sized tetra. I currently have 6 Zebra Danios, 3 Red Wag Platys, and 4 aeneus corys. The tank is also semi-planted (I'm slowly replacing the fake plants with live.) Thanks in advance!

black neon tetras are very pretty - they have a green and black neon stripe. I have them in my 46 gallon and love them.

Even more colorful would be rummy nose tetras. They're very peaceful and would make an awesome addition to your tank. They look great schooling amongst the plants. JMO

Rummy nose would be great. Black phantom tetra is funny.

try to avoid flame tetra as they fade the red color when adult, but they are easy to kept.

Of course the most colorful is the cardinal tetra but they are sensitive to water para.

I have noticed that with serpae tetras, if you have a dark red gravel, they will start to turn a brilliant dark red too! I saw that at a LFS here.

Paul

[center:9e99397404] :smilecolros: Weclome to AA, JSemach! :n00b: [/center:9e99397404]
Great fish advice here! I like the serpae tetras and male silver tips are great too!

We added 5 black phantom tetras to the tank recently. They are nice, but not so colorful. Serpae tetras are colorful but are nippers as others have said. One that hasn't been mentioned that I'd vote for is the high fin white tetra.

I really appreciate all the input so far. I liked how those cardinal tetras looked but they don't have them at my lfs. :( On a side note, I was wondering if anyone has had problems keeping Harlequin Rasboras with zebra danios. My lfs is running a special on the rasboras and they would fit perfectly size and color wise into my aquarium. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom