Common Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liquid_Pyro

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a question about feeding my common pleco...

He is about 8 inches now, I was just curious on how much too feed him, I have those algea waffers that are about the size of a quater, is one a day enough or should I aquire some other types of food? I use fresh veggies once a week also, mainly cuccumber.

I know the general rule of whatever a fish doesn't eat within a couple min remove, but he sucks on the waffers forever like they are candy...just looking for your experiences

Thanks in advance

feed him the algae waffers plus other foods. they will eat many different kinds of veggies and most likely your other fish will to. i feed them at night and remove the rest in the morning.

For my bottom feeders, I always make sure there are veggies in there all the time. I use zucchini and broccoli stalks (blanched). This is in addition to algae wafers.

You'll probably find it'll get gobbled up. If it doesn't, ease up on the amount.

yep alright thanks, thats about what I thought, just didn't want to starve him

The wafers are just hard and dry, so they can't really eat it until it softens up.

Its hilarious to watch the way he guards the waffer until I guess it is soft enough to eat!

Back
Top Bottom