Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Compatibility and Growth Questions

I was wondering if my fish were growing at a normal rate. My tank setup is an Red Oscar thats 15 months old about 7" long.
A Senegal Bichir that is 24 months old that is now 7-8" long
Pleco- 8 months old 6-7"

The only one that I am worried about is the Bichir. It seems to have stopped growing. They have quit a bit of swimming room as my tank is 70 gallons. I feed them regularly and have no water chemical imbalances. I am worried that the Oscar is either too threatening to the Bichir and it is afraid to go out and find food at feeding time. I am beginning to think that my Oscar is moving towards being so much larger than the bichir that there could be conflict in the future.

On another note I was considering adding a catfish into the tank-- I was thinking about an eclipse catfish for this. Any ideas if this would be compatible with my current situation?
Thanks

Tags
compatibility, growth, question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com