Congo tetras afraid of the light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omgfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had 3 2" congo tetras in my 75 gallon planted tank for about 10 days now. I run a Coralife 260 (4x65) watt light fixture from 11am to 9pm every day. Every time the light comes on in the morning, the tetras go to the bottom back of the tank and hide. The plants are mostly in the back right now, so I assume they are hiding in the plants because they don't like the light. When the lights go off they come out and swim around like usual. My lfs has a 75 gallon planted tank with congo tetras and more light than me, but their fish swim in the front all the time. The only other fish I have right now are 2 bn plecos and a red glass barb. The barb swims around everywhere even when the light is on. I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 30ppm nitrates. I do 50% pwc every week. Do I have anything to worry about? TIA.

Give the tetras a little time. They should become less shy. A few more may help to make them feel more secure. I am not sure how much cover you have, but the more you add the more often a shy fish will come out.

Back
Top Bottom