Container for water testing at LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrakamai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Folks,

I was going to take some of my water to the LFS for testing (assuming they test) since my dipsticks only go down to 20ppm (nitrate) and 0.5ppm (nitrite) and my API Master Kit is en route. I wanted to know what types of containers you guys use to transport your water to ensure that the container does not adversely affect the chemistry of the water before it gets tested. I was going to use a regular Ziploc container (polypropylene) but then I was considering some others made of polyethylene. Or does this not matter at all for the parameters that we need to test for?

Thanks!
Greg

For the short time the water will be in the container, anything would work.

Awesome, thanks guys! I did consider glass but the one glass container I have is way too small.

Last edited:
I use a big plastic unused new cup since my store is 5 minutes away. I've never really thought of that, I didn't know the material could change the water chemistry.

I guess I was just being paranoid and wanted to keep the transport container as a non variable in the chemistry tests at the LFS. My shipment from F&S came in and in it is my API Master Test kit, woo! SO now I'll just test my own water whenever I feel like it. Thanks again for the input!

Back
Top Bottom