Couple of feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a few questions about feeding and was looking for some advice, ive tried searching but getting lots of little bits of info.

So here goes;
1. I've read about feeding garlic as an immune booster / illness preventer however I can't find any garlic food - can I make it myself or does anyone know of brands etc

2. If I was to start feeding veg for my fish what the best way to cook it. I was contemplating courgette, plus once cooked can I then freeze it foot prevent waste?

3. Any other tips greatly received I have guppies corys and ottos!

Thanks everyone :D

As far as the garlic question, I know that NLS (New Life Spectrum) flakes includes garlic in their ingredients.

Seachem makes Garlic Guard & Kents makes Garlic Xtreme. In respect to veggies, I cook them in the micro for few mins (until soft & cooked through) then put them in a tupperware container in the veggie drawer. They last @ week.

I think you're good with feeding a variety of flakes and pellets with some occassional treats like bloodworms and brine shrimp (your choice of course).

With a balanced diet and clean water you should have healthy fish.

Thank you all. My guppies don't like bloodworms for some reason and they end up clogged in the filter. Just wanted a bit extra for my ottos at least I know how to cook them now. plus I'll keep an eye out for the garlic foods.

Back
Top Bottom