Couple of Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishymctasty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, im new to the forum and had a couple question.

First of all i have a 29 gallon tall tank with a heater and fluorescent light and all that. Right now i have a topfin 30 filter system and would eventually like to have sand and some low light plants.

question #1

Is this tank big enough for angelfish? i would like to have 2 with a few small cory cats and maybe some swordtails.

question #2

would it be a good idea to upgrade the filter to something designed for a 40 gallon tank. is topfin a good brand?

question #3

what are some good low light plants that my angels will like.

im familiar with cycling and general tank care just had a few specifics.

thanks for any info! ^^

Hi! Welcome to AA! I am rather new at the hobby myself, but can hopefully help some....I also have a 29g tall and am loving it!

question 1 - I would think two of the smaller angelfish would be fine, however I don't know fish personalities well enough to say they would pair well with swordtails or not. From what I have read angelfish can be pretty territorial fish. I also have cories in two of my tanks and love them. They prefer to school however, and are happiest in groups of at least three, six is better.

question 2 - I would upgrade your filter. I just bought a AquaClear 50 for my 29g and I love it!!

question 3 - here is a great website that you can find the type of plant you won't by light requirement, etc. - PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource

Hope some of this helps, as I have gotten so much help and advice from this forum!

1. One yes a compatible pair will works as well. They do not stay small. One with a trio of swordtails would be nice. The angel will keep the population down.

2. I would upgrade the filters an AC50 or AC70 would work nicely.

3. Lots of low light plants. Angels like plants mostly, so you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom