Crayfish questions!!?? Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tanner4403

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone . I have had my blue lobster/crayfish for around 3 months now and he has molted twice .. Idk if that is normal ? And also he has been very inactive lately .. I took a look at him and I noticed there is a few little blue flakey pieces floating on the top of the water ? Does that mean he's gonna molt ? Or could it be something far worse ? Let me know any advice counts !!

Thanks, Tanner

My crayfish molted 4 times in 2 1/2 months, i did notice flakey skin type stiff coming off him which the fish ate. Has he been eating?

Also you can notice the old shell starting to separate before a molt. At the rear of the head where it joins the body there is a V type joining i always noticed the separation in the shell at this point before he molted ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389527029.800249.jpg

Thanks man and not really eating he is kinda picking at his shell and front claws and sitting on his tail?

Thebtail curled under the body? If so with the picking at the shell id say it will happen soon, leave the lights off for him it will be less stressful.

I was told to not let them eat them all, too much calcium or something like that. So maybe take this one out. Post up a picture after the molt, love them i had to get rid of mine one day he started catching fish then lost half my tank in a week

Haha crazy ! Yeah I will thanks for the advice I've got him in with an axolotl right now .. And surprisingly they are doing perfectly fine together . ! Both seem very happy and healthy .

My guy was fine for months until i moved him from a 100lt to a 240lt i thought the extra space would be nice for him :) he paid me back alright!! :) best of luck with him an post a pic when you get a chance

Back
Top Bottom