Crazy snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok anyone else had this happen to their tanks? My ramshorn snails (don't ask how they came to be in my tank i'm not sure) like to crawl on the intake of my AQ30 they go down to the actual slotted intake and get themselves perma stuck/sucked into the intake tube (their "body" is stretched inside the tube while the shell is to large to go through and holds them in place). I have to unplug my filter and then wait a few mins to nudge them off with a net anyone else have annoying attention seeking snails?

Fortunately my MTS seem to stay out of the impeller area but every once in a while the softer-shelled common pond snails will get in and I hear a crunchy grinding noise. Guess they don't get the second chance learn. 8O

My filter is the only place I find the pond snails anymore. It's probably not crazy for them to run to the filter because if they stay in the tank, my clowns will make quick meals of them.

lol, ive had that happen tons of times. my snails arent exactly the reddest brick on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom