I have decided to order a custom tank. But have not finalized my order yet as I still have some questions (mainly #5 below).
Ideally I'd like to get 36" long x 10" wide x 20??" high (think 24" high might be too tall for easy access).
Because the tank will be viewable from both sides (kitchen and living room), I'd like to keep accessories hidden or minimal so was thinking of a hanging type filter like the one in the Aqueon pic.
Any and ALL advice is greatly appreciated!!
I came across the Aqueon 16 gallon Widescreen tank kit that caught my attention because I actually have a space for it.
However, they discontinued the tank last year.
I have run freshwater tanks before (at a previous house with more space) in various sizes.
I'm attaching some pictures and design ideas and will list what I'm looking for below.
1. I want to ensure I can easily access the top of the tank for maintenance etc.
2. Want to ensure I'm not putting too much of a load on the wall.
3. Would like to go as large as I can keeping to 1 & 2 above.
4. I don't want a 10 gallon tank. Would preferably like at least 20 gallons to hold the type of fish & live plants I want to put in the tank.
5. Once you look at the measurements provided in the PDF attachment, I'd like to know if the tank is okay to be on the part of the shelf that overhangs (which could give me a 10"W tank), or if I should not use the overhang (limiting me to around 8"W like the Aqueon Widescreen).
6. I would also need a custom lid. Not sure if I want sliding or hinged. I want to be able to put an LED
light bar on top of the tank.