Tank overhang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TFull99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!

I’m sure I’m just overthinking this, but when I set up my new 125 gallon fish tank, there is an extremely minimal amount of overhang on the side. The full rim around the bottom is still perfectly making connection, I’ll post a picture below. Will this be fine? Thank you for the feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_7268.jpg
    IMG_7268.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7265.jpg
    IMG_7265.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 8
Is the cabinet intended to go with the aquarium or are they mis-matching items? If they are meant to go together contact the manufacturer about it.

If the msnufacturer is no help I would get a 1/2 inch sheet of plywood cut to the size of the aquarium, paint it black, and sit the aquarium on there, so the aquarium is properly supported.

Last edited:
I agree with Aiken. I'm more concerned about the base than the overhang. Not every piece of furniture is designed to hold that kind of weight.
Is it the filter compartment that is overhanging since you mentioned the "full rim around the bottom is still perfectly making connection" ?

By full rim I was referring to the bottom of the tank. The stand is meant for the tank, it is an aquarium stand. The tank is perfectly on the stand. Just very light amount past the stand as shown in the picture. It’s maybe 1/8” over.

Thank you for the speedy response!

By full rim I was referring to the bottom of the tank. The stand is meant for the tank, it is an aquarium stand. The tank is perfectly on the stand. Just very light amount past the stand as shown in the picture. It’s maybe 1/8” over.

Thank you for the speedy response!
I'm missing something in your pictures. I don't see the full tank so I'm not sure if the whole length of the tank is overhanging or just the side edge on one side is hanging over that 1/8". If the stand is made for THAT tank then whichever it is should be okay. If it's not made for THAT tank and you are trying to make it work, that little bit of hangover from a side is not an issue but if it's the whole length of the tank, that could be a pressure issue over time. With a tank that large, if it's the length of the tank, I'd follow Aiken's suggestion of getting piece of 3/4" plywood for under the whole tank so that the overhang is not an issue. (y)

If the stand is made for that tank then there shouldn't be any overhang, the tank should fit perfectly. ie the tank and stand where bought together, made by the same manufacturer, rather than you bought a generic 125g tank and a generic 125g tank stand by different manufacturers. I would contact the manufacturer and ask what their advice is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom