Cycling 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so i just setup my 10gal yesterday

I added water, along with dechlorinator .

I also added a product called "API QuickStart" to speed up the process

Along with QuickStart i added a handful of gravel from my established 24gal which is my oldest running tank

I ALSO put in my two apple snails hopping that would have some positive effect on the cycle process

How long does this tank have to cycle before i can add my electric blue crayfish?
Should i continue dosing the QuickStart product aswell?

Im currently running a fluval 30 HOB filter in the tank at maximum output

quick start speeds up the process a lot, but I would still test your water to make sure the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are all in the safe zone before you add anything!

Ok so i just setup my 10gal yesterday

I added water, along with dechlorinator .

I also added a product called "API QuickStart" to speed up the process

Along with QuickStart i added a handful of gravel from my established 24gal which is my oldest running tank

I ALSO put in my two apple snails hopping that would have some positive effect on the cycle process

How long does this tank have to cycle before i can add my electric blue crayfish?
Should i continue dosing the QuickStart product aswell?

Im currently running a fluval 30 HOB filter in the tank at maximum output

Are you doing a fish in or fishless cycle. What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings.

IMO, I would move the snails to another tank and dose an ammonia source daily. The two snails will not add any appreciable source of ammonia for cycling purposes.

Back
Top Bottom