cycling a new filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long does it take to cycle a new filter. When I got the new today I got another HOB filter. I took the dirty filter cartridge and the ceramic rings out the old filter and put them in the new one. I put a new cartridge and new rings in the old filter. How long should it take to get both filters running at 100%. Just curious more than anything.

How long does it take to cycle a new filter. When I got the new today I got another HOB filter. I took the dirty filter cartridge and the ceramic rings out the old filter and put them in the new one. I put a new cartridge and new rings in the old filter. How long should it take to get both filters running at 100%. Just curious more than anything.
Split the old media between the two filters and leave them running together for 1-2wks. They will then be good to go. Just make sure the old media is touching the new media so the BB can transfer.....

That's kinda what I did. I left the old sponge in the old filter and took ther rings and the old cartridge and put them in the new one so they both have bb in them.

Back
Top Bottom