Danios Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok heres a quick update to my baby Danios saga. I started with about 300+ in a cycled tank without the parents. It will be two weeks this coming Sunday that they have been with us. After starting to feed them crushed flakes, we switched to First Bites, and they have grown. There are some that are at least 1/2 inch long and starting to show colors. We have around two hundred left and going strong. Not sure how many will make it to another tank, but I have promised some to some friends. Tomorrow I am going to put about half of them into another 10 gallon tank I have. Didn't ever think I could raise fry and have them live

Congrats! It's a good feeling isn't it? I'm on my second batch of swordtail fry now, the first batch I only had 2 survive :( but those two and the 40 others I have are doing so well now! Glad to hear of your success

I hope to have more than two survive. They all seem strong and healthy, some are still runts, so maybe they won't make it. Why do some grow bigger than others when they all hatched around the same time?

Back
Top Bottom