Decisions decisions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have had a 30 gal long tank running for somewhere around a year and a half and I've recently gone through some tough emotional times and my tank has been suffering also. So I decided to move my remaining fish ( 2 glow light tetras and a BN pleco) to my ten gal with a few peppered cories. So now I have an empty 30 gal tank and I have a few ideas. I could either a.) clean it up real good and just get one big fish like a cichlid or something which I've wanted to do for awhile. B.) move my crested gecko to this tank and pimp it out for a him so he's really happy, even though his tank is suitable now. Or c.) separate the tank into two parts and have half aquarium and half my geckos side. I am
Not sure how to go about doing this but I'm sure you guys could help. I am also open to other suggestions and any help is appreciated, thank you.

Are cresties one of the ones that can drown in a quarter inch of water?

Let me throw an idea out there. With a 30 long you have space to work with and you can do sone cool stuff. Since you have experience with terrestials you could setup the middle with water and build a sandy beacch on either side an maybe do purple clawed crabs. They are real cool. May be called vamoire crabs. Have some terrestial plants and some aquatic plants. As long as you dont let any of the tall plants near the sides I dont think the crabs could escape.

Let me throw an idea out there. With a 30 long you have space to work with and you can do sone cool stuff. Since you have experience with terrestials you could setup the middle with water and build a sandy beacch on either side an maybe do purple clawed crabs. They are real cool. May be called vamoire crabs. Have some terrestial plants and some aquatic plants. As long as you dont let any of the tall plants near the sides I dont think the crabs could escape.

I do have a lid for the tank. Where would I be able to find those? And I think I am leaning more towards the crested setup because I already have everything for it and I'm leavin for college next year and don't wanna leave any animals behind. You know? I do like the idea though

I do have a lid for the tank. Where would I be able to find those? And I think I am leaning more towards the crested setup because I already have everything for it and I'm leavin for college next year and don't wanna leave any animals behind. You know? I do like the idea though

Check amazon. U may have to diy it

You could probably do a male map turtle in that tank for a while. They're good swimmers and would eventually need a larger tank.

Alright I appreciate all the help but I decided to upgrade my crested geckos home and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Tell me what you think. His name is Dyan :)

Attachments

• image-2153293634.jpg
    image-2153293634.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3102375129.jpg
    image-3102375129.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1443468719.jpg
    image-1443468719.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1946974433.jpg
    image-1946974433.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 47
Thank you. I forgot to add the driftwood :( so here it fully finished with the driftwood.

Attachments

• image-1514963275.jpg
    image-1514963275.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom