Diamond Tetras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Primetime

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone,
I am starting to read about breeding my fish. I have 3 Diamond Tetras that are sexed and old enough. I cant get any brine shrimp from my LFS (Big Als) because they dont sell them. I dont know what other kinds of *cheap* live foods I can feed them to condition them for spawning. I was wondering if I could feed the Diamonds live worms from a bait shop? Sounds like a good idea to me. I want to know if anybody tried this before and if it can be done!
Thanks, and wish me luck!

Well, I doubt that the tetras are large enough to eat any worm that would be sold as bait. Even if they were it's not the best of choices because you don't know what nasty pathogens might be introduced into your tank.

Can you get live blackworms at Bigals? If not, frozen bloodworms are an excellent source of high protein and should have the same effect. I would also feed some fresh veggies (such as shaved frozen spinach). Diamond tetras are omnivores and require some vegetation in their diet. :wink:

Thanks! I have frozen bloodworms and shrimp pellets! I'll introduce veggies into their diet too. I guess I'm good to go!

Back
Top Bottom