Does my tank have parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlefish4

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've been keeping my guppy in a small container floating in my main tank while I use his tank to quarantine some rainbow fish. I did this to keep his water's temperature up.

I just came over to him to change both his and the main tanks water and I noticed dozens of tiny bugs.

Here's an awful picture of one

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460662658.263675.jpg

It's the black dot in the middle.

I switched his container and thoroughly washed to old one killing any of those bugs but there are some on the glass in my main tank.

So my question is, should I be concerned? Do you think they're harmless or parasites?

Any help is appreciated!

I could be over reacting and it could just be gnats that got in my tank. But I just wanna be sure.

Lol I can't exactly tell as my phones resolution is pretty crappy, but out of curiosity- what types of fish are there in this tank?

Looks to me like your pests have wings, most water based parasites that I've seen don't have wings. It looks like fruit flies landed on the water in your tank.

Okay, I kinda figured I overreacted. Proceeded with my water change and cleaned the tank. Seem to be gone now. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom