dosing fenbendazole in fresh water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwayne.aycock

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know how to dose fenbenzadole (safe guard) for internal parasites in terms of drops or tsp or ounces per gallon? I am dosing the Discus in my 135 gallon tank. Secondly, The fish are recovering from a bad case of gill and body flukes. They are fine now and back to normal. Now that I have killed the bugs in the substrate and on the body / gills of ths fish, I now need to kill any remaining bugs inside the fish. I have seen stringy excrement and pretty sure they have internal bugs as well. I have used formalin, Prazipro and potassium promanganate to kill the external threat. Fish look, act and eat fine. I know you can't use formalin and PP together (toxic) but was wondering about Prazi and safe guard or formalin and safe guard. If not I will treat separately with safe guard after a 50% W/C. Anyone have any experience with this? I know I will get lots of cautions...but the fish are very strong and the water quality is good.:ermm:
Thanks....D

Back
Top Bottom