Dragon goby hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had a dragon goby for about a month now and all he does is hide. He only comes out for food or to move from one rock to another. He has two rocks and pice of drift wood that he hides under. I also have a small patch of Anubis growing on one side of the tank. Any advice on helping coax him out?

Keep calm and drum on

Maybe only put the food in the front where you can see him so he has to come out there to eat? Is there lots of activity in the room where the tank sits? If you sit still for a while in front of the tank, I bet he'll come out. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think that they may be night dwelling fish anyway.

He comes out to eat but goes back to hiding right after. The tank in in my bedroom where there is very seldom activity.

Keep calm and drum on

They are not the most active fish. More one of those you just keep because you really like it.

What size tank is this? These fish can hit 24 inches long.

It is kept in brackish?

Caleb

Violet gobies are brackish and nocturnal. Don't expect to see him out much except for feeding time. Shrimp pellets and algae wafers were a favorite food when I kept them.

They are not the most active fish. More one of those you just keep because you really like it.

What size tank is this? These fish can hit 24 inches long.

It is kept in brackish?

Caleb

He's a young one of 6" now in a 55g brackish tank. I feed him algae wafers and bloodworms mixed with brine shrimp. he'll be moving to a 225g with a baby Ruby scat and 10 glass fish

Keep calm and drum on

If you look there on the left sided my tank that's Falkor my 13" violet Goby! He became more active when the last humpback goldfish died bc he was no longer getting picked on. If you have mid to high level dwelling fish in your tank,he might be getting bullied. Even by smaller fish. They're peaceful goober fish that are basically blind, nocturnal, and just wanna chill. Falkor is MOST active at night. He can sometimes get crazy with that tail. I've been splashed more than I like bc I'm sure you've noticed they like to swim backwards. I'd say to keep an eye on his tank mates and if he's not getting picked on or having to fight for his food then maybe you should try taking a look at your tank around 1am lol! (Just don't turn on any lights near the tank, they'll immediately drop to the bottom and "play dead")

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1464592755606.jpg
    1464592755606.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom