Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't find natural driftwood ANYWHERE! All I can find is the fake plastic stuff, and I really like the look of the natural stuff. Petsmart doesn't seem to have any. I'm tired of just my plain old rocks. :(

have you tried online? The piece that I found I got from a pet store in the reptile section. It is Malaysian driftwood.

We have a fish store in our town that sells some great driftwood. Look for some fish stores that are specifically fish. You may find something. Otherwise, bigalsonline.com has some options for driftwood.
Another site to check is www.aquariumlandscapes.net
But they deal mostly with plants.

i agree with pbirdsong you would have to find an actual fish store instead of a petstore becuase a true fish has more natural decor than a place like petsmart or petco

The only specialty fish store I have in town is a tiny place. They have good quality fish, but not much in the way of decor. And sadly, I live nowhere near any water. :cry:

I mentioned the reptile section because if he can't find it in fish stores, then pet stores is always an option.

I think that piece may be a bit too big for your tank. I have the same problem right now. Mine is hugging the glass on each side. That's how I broke the heater.

Big Als.. please make this driftwood a sticky before my head implodes

jrp1588 said:
I checked bigals, none of their stuff looked any good.

The stuff that is mounted to slate is, it sinks, looks naturals once its wet, and does not release tanins. I think its called driftwood art

i just got one from Petsmart with the slate on it...i still soaked it for two days because it had trouble sinking completely and now i have it in my tank and it looks great

i think you are having the trouble i had...are you looking for something that catches your eye and something that would go great with your tank? and you dont want any old driftwood...lol(i hope i'm right cuz that was my problem) :oops:

Yeah, I want good interesting looking driftwood. Luckily my specialty fish store picked up some driftwood while I wasn't looking. I got it in my tank right now. I'm so happy!

Back
Top Bottom