Drumming to the beat of an aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I play drums and sometimes when my band is over our practices get very loud. So i was wondering if it would be realistic to have a fish tank in my basement where we practice. I am really worried about any stress being caused on the fish through vibrations from the instruments.

I'd skip it. The vibrations could cause stress cracks in the glass. The constant shaking, even if it was a hour a day during practice, will stress out the fish as well.

Too funny. I had drums right next to my tanks when I was teen. Never had any issues with the fish, nor with the tanks. I did play loud too. I still have 2 of those tanks, over 40 years later and they are still intact and still hold water.

Might not affect the tank but the fish will surely not enjoy the noise. I'd put the tank in a quieter place.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but would it be enough to put the tank on the complete other side of the room. Or is that not even effective

Back
Top Bottom