Dwarf frog question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So one online site tells me to feed them freeze dried blood worms and stuff like this since they are carnivores. Another site tells me not to because it can cause internal blockage! I've only fed them flakes and they seem to be doing just fine. I did catch them nibbling on an algae wafer. Are only flakes fine for these frogs?

I don't know much about dwarf frogs, but I do know this about life in general. If the dwarf frog was only able to eat flakes, we may not have them in our aquariums today. I think freeze dried foods are mainly treats for any aquatic animal. I'll help you look into it.

I've had african dwarf frogs, you should feed them a mix of frozen, freeze dried, and frog pellets designed for them. they have the frog pellets at petco or you can get them cheap off amazon.

it will only cause internal blockage if you feed them freeze dried every day, thats why you need a mixture. but i don't think fish flakes are completely healthy for it, they are designed specifically for fish

I feed this to my African dwarf frogs and betta's daily and they are healthy and are fine. My beta's are super colorful too.

So one online site tells me to feed them freeze dried blood worms and stuff like this since they are carnivores. Another site tells me not to because it can cause internal blockage! I've only fed them flakes and they seem to be doing just fine. I did catch them nibbling on an algae wafer. Are only flakes fine for these frogs?

Pre-soak bloodworms and your frogs will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom