Dwarf Gourami eating my Myrio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just got done planting my tank recently. Well yesterday my wife noticed my DG munching on my Myrio red. Apparently he had gotten the taste for plants because not only is it the Myrio now its the Christmas Moss and the Cabomba Frucata. Is there anything I can do to kinda curb that want. I was feeding them TetraColor tropical flakes but just switched them to New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula.

Gourami's, rainbowfish, many tetras and barbs, angelfish and many others are bad about doing this. My 12 adult angels give me a run for my money. So what I've done is feed a few cooked, deshelled, smushed peas with the morning feeding, nuke 1/4" slices of zucchini and hang them on veggie clips daily but every 2 or 3 days hang a broccoli floret on the clips instead of zucchini slices. I have never little plant nibbling anymore.

Sweet thanks I feed my cichlids peas like that every Saturday and fast them on sunday while I do my pwc but for different reasons. Would the rummynose and cories be interested in the veggies also?.

Cories love the peas but not the other veggies. The rummies took awhile to learn to eat peas but do with gusto now. I've never seen them pick on the other veggies but I don't put them in for them. I do have 3 DG and they also munch on the zucchini and broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom