Dwarf Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'll stick with dwarf puffers. I'll do four otos and four DPs, one male and three females.

I bought one of these once but the Lfs gave me a bumble bee goby by mistake I was so mad so I never ended up getting one, I just bought a green spotted puffer though so that makes me happy. Are dwarf puffers easily cared for?

The expense of a dwarf puffer setup is a whole lot cheaper than a green spotted puffer. DP's care is easier than GSP.

I have 3 dwarf puffs in a 10g Halfmoon tank. I got two females and 1 male. They've been living in there for about a year, species-only setup. Low tech planted with extra filtration. I do 40-50% weekly pwc's. They'll only eat frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and the occasional tadpole snail for a treat. Neat little guys with lots of personality!

I really want to get some dwarf puffers myself. Good luck to you!

I really want to get some dwarf puffers myself. Good luck to you!

Thanks. I'm not sure when or if I'm going to get dwarf puffers. First I have to finish my 38 gallon and then I have to upgrade my betta tanks (my poor babies' tanks are way too small). I'd be done with all that by Christmas, and then I have to save up and the list goes on lol. But I'm hoping to have these fish in the future they're absolutely adorable.

Sorry... I just had to share one more pic... my girlfriend took this picture with her DSLR... Just look at those puppy eyes!!! LOL

8069693616_c6fa59b15c_b.jpg

For a 20 L go with 3 Otos but there has to be algae. Or you have to feed them sinking pellets, zucchini, peas, get driftwood too.
IMO don't put DP in there. Get fish that actively swim horizontally and like that length.

For a 20 L go with 3 Otos but there has to be algae. Or you have to feed them sinking pellets, zucchini, peas, get driftwood too.
IMO don't put DP in there. Get fish that actively swim horizontally and like that length.

If I go through with it I'm gonna get DPs, I'd like to try something new. Or maybe I'll do brackish. Still haven't decided!

Would 2 in a 10g work well? I'm planning on planting it heavily and put in rocks and such.

Back
Top Bottom