Empty 1.5g cube. What to do??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salukie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ten gallon has finished cycling, finally! I moved my two little red cherry shrimp from the 1.5g to the planted 10g. It was like Christmas!! They kept zooming around the tank, checking everything out. They look happy in there. One of them even looks more "red" if that's possible.

Anyway, the 1.5 gallon cube they were in is now empty. What should I do with it?? What to put in it? Is it even big enough for fish?

It was marketed as a beta tank. I'm not sure it's even big enough for a beta!???

What do you guys think?

A beta wold do ok I gess.... You can't have one to small or to big for them tho to big they get realy stressed an

To small bacteria builds up...

A beta wold do ok I gess.... You can't have one to small or to big for them tho to big they get realy stressed an

To small bacteria builds up...

Yes a betta will work in a 1.5g. Id just make a planted pico tank. Small carpeting plants and a tiny dw and put a betta or even nothing! Maybe a few shrimp

I just googled pico tank... Cool!

I'm not sure I'm up for the whole high light, Co2 thing though... I could do low tech...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 71
I'm actually working on a planted 2.5 gallon for shrimp myself. I learned the hard way most fish view shrimp as snacks!!

My tank is all low tech, dirt with a sand cap and low light plants. Only going to use a heater part time if needed. A lot of people just use desk lamps with 6700k cfl bulbs. Good plants are Java moss, small Anubias, small crypts. Haha, at least those are plants I haven't had any trouble with!

But yeah, I would say snails or shrimp over fish in that size.

I'm actually working on a planted 2.5 gallon for shrimp myself. I learned the hard way most fish view shrimp as snacks!!

My tank is all low tech, dirt with a sand cap and low light plants. Only going to use a heater part time if needed. A lot of people just use desk lamps with 6700k cfl bulbs. Good plants are Java moss, small Anubias, small crypts. Haha, at least those are plants I haven't had any trouble with!

But yeah, I would say snails or shrimp over fish in that size.

Does the light make enough heat to forgo the heater?
Do you have any pictures of your tank? I'd love to see it. :)

Does the light make enough heat to forgo the heater?
Do you have any pictures of your tank? I'd love to see it. :)

Haha, no but the 100 degree temps outside means my house is usually 76/78 during the day. : ) My 29 gallon uses a heater year round, but I think I'll only need one in the winter for this nano.

I don't have any pics yet, I'm doing a dry start method and I'm still in the process of setting it up! My plants come on Fri though. We'll see how it goes! I'd look over on plantedtank.net for some ideas though if I were you, in the low-tech forum.

Good luck with your pico!

Back
Top Bottom