Farlowella/ whiptail catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know much about them just been told by employees at fish stores that they eat "plant matter". They are pretty cool tho my friend offered to give me a 4inch one but I refused cause I didn't do much research on them so ya...

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

They are the most interesting looking pleco. I have been reading about them but a website and first hand experience are sometimes not the same. I may have to get a 55g and set it up just for these guys! I guess they need a ton of plants and a swift current. Good call on not taking a fish you weren't sure how to care for. I try very hard to research any living thing before I buy/ rescue etc

I have one of these on hold for my G. steindachneri tank. I've never kept sturiosoma myself, but the people I know that do/did, love them.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't been able to keep one alive for more than a month. I've tried 3 times.

Really? Are you feeding fresh vegetable matter and not meat? This makes me scared to get one now. Tell me more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't been able to keep one alive for more than a month. I've tried 3 times.

Really? Are you feeding fresh vegetable matter and not meat? This makes me scared to get one now. Tell me more

This is likely a fish that I'll be feeding repashy soilent green to.

They all seemed to be doing really well and eating vegetable matter and everything but they just seem to die randomly... Like it'll be fine one day and the next morning it's suddenly dead.

Interesting. I'll be careful if/when I decide to get one or two. Were yours tank raised or wild caught?

Here's my wild royal farowella fresh out of qt

Attachments

• 1441383104588.jpg
    1441383104588.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 42
Interesting. I'll be careful if/when I decide to get one or two. Were yours tank raised or wild caught?

I don't know I think they were wild.

He's beautiful! I actually the royal farlowella and a whip tail which is slightly different yesterday in person. I think I'm going to set up a 70g and get some once the tank is established.

Back
Top Bottom