Feeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering how many times a day you feed your fish? I have read things saying you should feed them 3x a day and I have read other things saying you should only feed once a day. So I was wondering what all of you do. Thanks in advance!

I feed once a day. I feed slowly and make sure everyone gets some food. Every other day i feed live food (black worms). Sometimes in the evening i will drop 1 or 2 algae tabs in for them to eat and play with.lol some people fast their fish one day out of the week but i don't. I feed a variety of flake food and also some pellet food. I like to mix it up a bit. The main thing is don't over feed. It really affects your water and the health of the tank if too much food gets to the bottom and decays.

Thank that's pretty much what I've been doing. Do you raise your own black worms? If so is it easy to do?

I feed once a day--pellets for the betta, flakes for the tetra and gouramis, sinking algae wafers and shrimp pellets for the corys, shrimp, and snails. Mix it up with a frozen multi-pack that has bloodworms, mealworms, a meaty freshwater mix, and a herbivore mix. Also working through a package of freeze dried bloodworms I got when I was a newbie.

Thank that's pretty much what I've been doing. Do you raise your own black worms? If so is it easy to do?

no i buy them at my local fish store which is "that fish place/ thast pet place in lancaster pa. they have a web site. they might ship them if not there's california black worms. here's a link.

Worms Are Here!

i think they make a hugh difference in the health of your fish. jsut make sure if you get them you need to take care of them to keep them healthy. you never want to feed dead worms.

depens on what kind of fish. I feed 3x a day. But i have guppies, and they are small with small stomachs and i would definately feed young fish alot more 6x a day if possible cuz they are growing.

Back
Top Bottom