Feeding different species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neuve

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heres the scenario. I had a 6 gal tank with 7 neon tetras. I Just bought a betta. So when it comes to feeding I give tetra min my tetras. My betta eats that too. Ive got some floater betta food but seems like it prefers eating the flakes rather than the little spheres... Should I encourage him eating the little balls or is it alright?

He's gonna eat whatever he wants. I have a betta in a 29 gallon that eats flake constantly. He seems a little fat and overfed for a betta, but I've had him for about 4 months and he doesn't seem to be having any problems. But my tank is fed a considerable amount of flakes compared to yours, so I doubt you'll have an issue.

as long as he is eating some thing it should be fine tetramin is good stuff for an all round food.so to same your self some money just feed him tetramin....and may be some live food for a treat.
good luck with your fishkeeping. :)

My Male Betta wont' eat anything BUT flakefood, cept for a recent stint where he thought Algae Wafers [ WHOLE algae wafers ] were a good thing to try to eat.

my female on the other hand, she eats flake occasionally.. but her big draw is Tubifex.

Basicly, your betta is going to eat what he wants. Nothings going to stop that, so just give him what he likes :)

Cool. Arent you afraid of feeding live food? I mean beacause of diseases and stuff

Back
Top Bottom