Feeding-Over feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I_am_pena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys haven't been on in a while, I added a red fire dwarf guorami to my tank and I am wondering how often I should feed it a week, as well as my Plecos? What is a good amount that won't be considered over feeding and mess up my water levels

You feed no more than the fish will eat completely in two or three minutes. Once a day is enough, many do not feed daily, instead every other day or skip a day every few days.

I feed lightly twice a day because my flame dwarf gourami is grumpy and doesn't wake up before I leave for school when I feed the tetras. Lol xD

plecos are easy and not messy..get a cucumber and zuchini and get a veggie clip from pet store and put a slice of cucumber or zuchini or sweet potatoe in the tank at night before you go to sleep and take it out in the morning.

Some people tell me feeding daily will most likely cloud water and raise ammonia levels, and would be necessary and best only to feed once every other day, I think that might be my best option since I hate doing water changes lol

plecos are easy and not messy..get a cucumber and zuchini and get a veggie clip from pet store and put a slice of cucumber or zuchini or sweet potatoe in the tank at night before you go to sleep and take it out in the morning.

No it the other wat around, plecos are very messy fish. I enjoy my water changes, makes me feel good after ive done one. Feeding complete depends on your fish. I like to spread my feed out, I feed a smaller pinch twice a day. Or spread out my frozens throughout the day.

When feeding, your aim should be not to let any food hit the substrate, unless you have bottom feeders of course. Tiny amounts at a time, when that's gone feed more. As soon as they loose interest, stop feeding. Sounds obvious but it's better than dumping in the food all at once....

Back
Top Bottom