Feeding... Stupid question of the day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SherryD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok you can all quit laughing now:lol:, but really trying to do well for my fish buddies. So in all the reading I am now catching up on...should have been done before I jumped into this aquarium thing with both feet, hands, extra legs...oh forgot the head! Maybe that is problem! I have read up on feeding, so my fish now have more variety than I do...but...feed once a day, twice? Do I have them fast one day a week? Lots of places say it is good not to feed one day a week...why? Seems weird...can see them is wild saying "gee kids, no sneaking any snacks, we have to fast today".

So you all know, fish I have in 5 tanks include corycats (love these guys!), serape, neon, and bleeding heart tetras, mollies, zebra danios, guppies, dwarf gouramis, swordtails (love romaine lettuce!), raspora, hatchet fish, cherry barbs, ghost shrimp, bamboo shrimp and Molly fry

Love any help...thanks

This must be a hot topic. It seems there are at least 5 new threads every day about how to feed your fish. ;)

I feed every 2-3 days. If you overfeed, it can have disastrous results in your water parameters and the health of your fish.

By feeding sporadically, my tanks are clean and my fish are healthy.

I alternate between a cichlid mix, freezedried bloodworms, algae wafers, shrimp pellets and frozen shrimp or plankton. I figure I wouldn't want to eat the same thing all the time, why should my fish. ;)

When I had krib fry, I fed them 3 times per day once their egg sacs were gone. They were in a community tank, so it was tricky, but you can make it work.

I have corycats, mollies and guppies. I feed every morning. Flakes and one sinking pellet per cory (4)

ETA: On Sundays I only feed freeze dried bloodworms.

Seems like everyone has their own feeding methods. Just remember...whatever goes in, must come out. The more you feed the fish, the more fish poop there will be, so typically the more water changes you will have to do. The fish aren't going to starve if you feed them every other day.

Back
Top Bottom