Feeding time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much and how often should I be feeding my fish? I have been feeding them a small pinch at 9am then again at 9pm every day. Is this too much or not enough?

I feed mine around 4 pm everyday. No more than they all eat in a minute.

I feed mine once a day, just enough for them to eat in a minute or two. Once a week I'll give them a treat like blood worms. At night I'll usually toss in a blanched veggie or a couple of algae wafers for my late nighters.

I feed mine once a day, just enough for them to eat in a minute or two. Once a week I'll give them a treat like blood worms. At night I'll usually toss in a blanched veggie or a couple of algae wafers for my late nighters.

Thanks for your reply. I really don't want to be over feeding my fish that's all.

If you want fish to remain healthy long term and grow to their potential, then you need to be feeding small amounts four or five times per day. This will also aid filtration as the fish will be producing smaller amounts of ammonia over a longer period. When you feed once per day, there will be one fairly large release of ammonia, then nothing for a long time...... the bb in your filter need a steady supply of food for maximum efficiency

Back
Top Bottom