filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rider6

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would be a good substance to put in my filter bag??? I'm running a 55gal community tanks with barbs corys and a few tetras, and adding a ram here soon...if any of that matters...oh and its planted...

Sorry guess I should of added that...lol.

Its the topfin 75 HOB...
The cartages are rebuildable...that's why I ask...I got kind of an ammonia issue and was wondering if cc in my cartage would help, but leave enough for my bb....

You have to figure out why you have the ammonia issue, first, then decide how to move forward. Are you cycling the tank? Are you overfeeding? Has a fish died and is polluting the water? Are you overstocked? Reconfiguring your filter cartridge may not be the solution you're looking for.

David

Had a couple bite the bullet durring my fish in cycle...and my ammo spiked but my bb hasent kicked in yet...its kinda driving me crazy, did some vacing and a 50 pwc yesterday andlast night it was still high....I've been cycleing for allmost 5 weeks, about to start week 6...

And I might be overfeeding alil....ill cut that in half aswell...

You're on the right track to reducing the ammonia. You've taken the dead fish out; you're feeding less; and now you're doing more water changes. That, coupled with the fact that you're going into week 6 of the cycle, should resolve the ammonia issue.

David

Starting to get some nitrites! Now for some nitrates and my ammo should start dropping....thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom