Fin rott and ick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently purchased 7 fish and added to my clean tank. One of the fish is now dead and my original neon tetra looks to have fun rott and sign of ick. What the hell! Anyway some of my rainbows look still healthy. Can I transfer to my 10g and treat? Or shoul I just treat everybody in the 60g. ???

If its ich you need to treat the entire tank. If its fin rot you can transfer the fish into a qt. do you have a picture by any chance?

Hobgob said:
If its ich you need to treat the entire tank. If its fin rot you can transfer the fish into a qt. do you have a picture by any chance?

image-2415727274.jpg

I thought it was getting bullied but I see grainy salt like substance on it now. ?

Fin rot is quite often associated with poor water conditions. What are your readings?

Also, be careful when you have fish with combined symptoms. For example, fin rot can also be a symptom of columnaris, which is highly contagious.

Ich is a tank disease, not an individual fish disease. Once one fish shows signs of ich, you must treat the entire tank.

LyndaB said:
Fin rot is quite often associated with poor water conditions. What are your readings?

Also, be careful when you have fish with combined symptoms. For example, fin rot can also be a symptom of columnaris, which is highly contagious.

Ich is a tank disease, not an individual fish disease. Once one fish shows signs of ich, you must treat the entire tank.

Tank water is clean. Running the fluval 306. Had no problems till these new set of fish. Maybe it isn't fin rott.

Tinafina said:
Tank water is clean. Running the fluval 306. Had no problems till these new set of fish. Maybe it isn't fin rott.

All water conditions was great, everything at 0. Ph 7.6

You shouldn't have 0 nitrates unless your tank is heavily planted. What test kit do you use?

Back
Top Bottom