Finally got my test kit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. B,
I also have the Hagen Nutrafin PO4 test. Its 3 drops each of the first two and only one of the third reagent like you said. If its the same kit and it prolly is, the third is self dispensing (which is kind of funky IMO). .25ppm is just about perfect... Bob

yeah, i had a heck of a time getting the third to dispense. 3 - 5 seconds my butt... it quickly put three drops in one of the vials so i had to start all over again. .25ppm is good, so far so good. i think as far as ferts are concerned, i'm going to go the dry route with plantex and macros, but i'll also pick up a small bottle of tropica master grow. i re-read through rex's faq and chuck gadd's website last night...they are invaluable.

I'm not familiar with Tropica. Does it have a source of Iron? If not, you might consider getting some Flourish Iron to doss ocassionally.

I know this is an old thread, but I just had the same problem with the Hagen high range pH test. It shows purple if you look at it under yellow lights, like most house lights. The directions tell you to avoid yellow light. I checked it under a power compact flourescent 6700k bulb and it was readable (in the blue-green range).

Back
Top Bottom