Finally wigglers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do have a tiny bit of moss. I do not have much algae. My tank is I guess heavily planted. I have hikari first bites. I told my dad to feed them that. He said they were eating it. So I should I be good. My worries were that the parents would get stressed and either eat the fry or stop protecting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I ended up buying two pairs of rams so my chances of fry would be doubled. So far the one doesn't have eggs as far as I'm aware.

I have 2 males and 2 females but only one pair so far. The others are the more submissive couple. What's funny is that the male is a long fin gold ram and the female is a GBR. I'm excited to see what the baby's would come out as.

That would be Cool I bet they would turn out brightly. I have a golden ram pair but they haven't breed.

There's only one store by me that had the one longfin, but I had him get me more so now I have two. Only golds though.

Sadly they are all gone. They must of been eaten. They made it 4 days of free swimming. I really need to sell my jewel cichlid fry so I can get the next batch of GBR fry into my 30g L.

It's not uncommon for them to eat spawns at various stages until they realize they are supposed to be protecting and raising them. 4 days free swimming is more than most people get before they give up on breeding them, keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm pretty sure the culprits were other tank mates. With visitation I only see my tank About once a week. So I'm not sure. Once I move in to the new house and am able to take my tank along. I'll move the parents and eggs to my 30g L let the eggs hatch and then I'll return the parents.

In the tank, are black neons, angelfish, rams, Otos, and a lot of plants.

Oh and a African butterfly fish. But he stays at the top of the tank and couldn't of eaten any fry.

I would put my money on the neons they are notorious fry predators, but I can't rule out the angels either. If you want a chance at a successful spawn they will need a tank of their own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, I have one but I just don't have the time until I get my tank back. I noticed two dead black neons today they could of died sometime during this week. Do you think the rams killed them?

Back
Top Bottom