Finishing up the rocks from outside thing -- Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay...so after I bleached the rocks for 2 days(I know i didn't have to but i had already done it) and then put them in dechlorinated water for two days and then put vinegar on them for the last 2 days... do I soak them in dechlorinated water again? ..well the ones that didn't fall apart which I don't think any of them did... and I didnt' see any fizzing.

You soaked them in vinegar? Why? All you have to do is put a few drops on the rock and it will start fizzing if it will alter your pH. Since you soaked them in it, I'd boil them before putting them in the tank.

Maybe he had so many rocks that dripping vinegar onto each individual one would have taken longer than this.

...I am a girl, but last time i asked about the rocks I could've sworn someone told me to soak them in vinegar 8O

Yup. someone did advise that you soak them in vinegar...that was after you described and posted pics of the rocks themselves. These were not your normal rocks, these rocks had tons of crevices and crags in them. However, I believe the method didn't include all the other steps you took. Those rocks are more than cleaned out at this point.

(Oh, that someone was me). :)

Rinse them in hot water until vinegar smell disappears.

Alrighty, tanks J ^^;; I figured it was you. I know no one told me to do the other steps, but I read one of the other posts as I was discussing it with you guys about the bleach and it was kinda too late so I just did it for the heck of it.

Back
Top Bottom