First day of betta and .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 3 gallon finished cycling (fishless) so I got a betta for it. I knew he would be happier than the cup he was in , but he has already built a huge bubble nest on the first day itself !!!!

Also I knew from past experience, bettas don't touch any food initially , but this one is savoring betta bites and also the bloodworms from day 1 !!

Am I just lucky ? :lol:

swanandmokashi said:
bettas don't touch any food initially

8O Then my bettas must be pigs then lol cuz mine always attack food ( a LOT), they're just slow about it XP

Congrats to your betta! :D

Mine must be pigs also. Congrats on the new addition. Is it a veiltail? Just curious, do you have a filter in the tank?

Congratulations on the bubble nest right off the bat. I have found bettas to be notorious eaters, total pigs.

Sounds like you've got a very healthy betta... All of mine usually eat right away, but they don't always build bubble nests right away, but yours was probably very happy in his new home! If you get a filter and a heater small enough you could put some bottom feeders in that tank, like maybe some ghost shrimp or snails would be cool.

Yes I do have a filter with a bio-wheel in this tank.

Are bettas ok with snails and vice-versa?

Can I add a single apple snail in the tank ?

I have two apples in the tank with my betta and they are just fine. However apple snails get huge and i plan on moving them to my 55 gallon when they get too big... so i would make sure you have that option before you get one. They say bettas will eat some snails, but the apple snails are pretty big and they have the trapdoor.. I have never had a problem!

They say they do... mine ate the anacharis, but they haven't really messed with the crypts or the java fern.. i think as long as you supplement thier diet, but don't quote me on that... different species will eat different things.

Back
Top Bottom