Fish all dead in the space of 2days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomijaywebb

Aquarium Advice Regular
My mums fish have all died in the space of 2 day and it looks like they have been wrapped up in cotton wool what does this mean , never seen this before and they were all fine right up till they started dying ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What fish were they? What size tank are they in and what are your water readings ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like columnaris to me. It's an opportunistic infection with the ability to wipe out a tank full of fish quite quickly.

She had coloured skirt tetras and one guppie don't no the readings as it's not my tank and she's cleaned it out now and her tank is a 56litres

The fish that died she had for a good few months and we're completely fine regular water changes I know she done everything by the books ( if ya get what I mean ) so now she's cleaned it out and just gonna change over to cold water

Sounds like columnaris to me. It's an opportunistic infection with the ability to wipe out a tank full of fish quite quickly.

I think you may be right I've just had a look on google at some pics and it looks the same , thanks for your help :)

The fish that died she had for a good few months and we're completely fine regular water changes I know she done everything by the books ( if ya get what I mean ) so now she's cleaned it out and just gonna change over to cold water

Unfortunately, there are very few coldwater fish that can live and thrive in a 56litre tank. Make sure she takes some time to research what limited options are available.

I'm assuming the OP means goldfish.
But let mum know, goldfish have their own set of issues and concerns and are not as easy to keep as people assume.

Back
Top Bottom