Fish Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterRook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently came across a nice deal for a tank that was already stocked with fish. I've found out what a couple of them are but a little uncertain on a few. Please help, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 83
I also have no idea about #1. I agree with the Molly (male) and black skirt tetra. But I do not think the loach is a Pakistani loach. Pakistani loach is another name for yoyo loach and they have thicker bodies and are shaped differently. That loach is very interesting though! Tank is beautiful by the way:) I love the driftwood and anubias.

I also have no idea about #1. I agree with the Molly (male) and black skirt tetra. But I do not think the loach is a Pakistani loach. Pakistani loach is another name for yoyo loach and they have thicker bodies and are shaped differently. That loach is very interesting though! Tank is beautiful by the way:) I love the driftwood and anubias.
Hey Khuligirl93,

I looked up loaches and I found the closest species that resemble the fish I have is a "Stone Loach". Thanks to you and Cynic for pointing me in the right direction.

Tony,

You hit the nail dead on the head! Thanks. Now this has me thinking what type of pleco's I have in my tanks. I'm going to posts all 3 pics if you can take a look at them that would be swell.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 55
#1 is a male albino bristlenose pleco. Not sure about 2, but its awesome! #3 might be a common pleco.

Thanks again, Tony. 2 for 2. I just looked it up across several websites and compared photos and your correct. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom