Fish keep dying after water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the responses. I'll try and do smaller water changes and less prime and see if that helps. I'm temp matching with a thermometer before putting the water in, so it's very close to the correct temperature.

The Ph from my tap is 6.0 and the Ph in the tank after 24 hours is 7.4. In thinking this is a factor, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have crushed coral in the filters which I though would keep the Ph stable, but it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try and do smaller water changes and less prime and see if that helps. I'm temp matching with a thermometer before putting the water in, so it's very close to the correct temperature.

The Ph from my tap is 6.0 and the Ph in the tank after 24 hours is 7.4. In thinking this is a factor, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have crushed coral in the filters which I though would keep the Ph stable, but it doesn't seem to be.
This is where pre making your water can help. Use a plastic container/ garbage can that you can either hang a HOB on to or use an inside the tank filter with your crushed coral in it and it should raise the PH before you add it to the tank. (y)

Found something interesting this might be another problem as well as slowing down the water as you put it back in heres the post
c349355ab90df615fbaca58bfb2cd372.jpg

Have you ever just set a sample of your source water aside for 24 hours of outgassing and tested again?
Often the water supplied has co2 or o2 in abundance[not balanced ] and simple exposure to our atomshere for 24 hours will allow the water to 'balance' and reach its natural /actual level...
This kind of change in pH has NO effect on the fish as planted keepers swing their pH 1 pt every day without issue to fish....

Back
Top Bottom