Fish Keep Dying! HELP PLZ! :<

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lay it in sideways, and let it fill with water, then kind of pump it up and down vertically until you see water coming thru the tube and into the bucket. Took me about 10 tries the first time. :)

Oooooorrr.... do like i do, and just suck the end just until you see the water in the tube rise over the edge of the aquarium...!
I'm too lazy to figure out the pumping!

haha, how about the water conditioner? in the cup of water before i put the water in or after i put the water in the aquarium?

Do you have a bucket? Fill it, then put the conditioner in and then stir it a little. If you are using cups from the tap, just put it in the tank and then fill the tank.

Yeah I really don't have a clean bucket or anything, I'm just going to use cups. I think I almost changed 50% of the water, getting too dang frustrated trying to use that vacuum... had it working at first, then I stopped because I thought I took enough water out, but I hadn't :\ I think I'm scaring the bejezus out of the shrimp.

HAHAAAAAAA!!! Ok, you two are way too funny! This is making my night!

You can get a new bucket at Home Depot (5G) for like $5, much faster that way. I always pack the water in the bucket, and then I have a plastic container, that I think had a giant portion of potato salad in it once, to put the water in. Dumping with the bucket was too heavy and messed up all my decorations lol.

I tried sucking on the vacuum to make it work... wasn't the most pleasant considering I had the end of it in the bucket I was putting the water in before I tried it. Anyways, that didn't work... I dunno why I couldn't get it work... grrrrr. Moving something up and down sounds pretty simple... :\

Sounds simple, but harder than you would think! If you can lay it sideways first, and get it ALL the way filled with water, and then move it straight up and down without letting the open end get out of the water, and then move it up and down, fairly fast, you should be able to get it to work, eventually lol.

Haha, hopefully next time it'll work...

Is there any significance in a fish moving up and down kinda fast? My fish seems to be doing that a lot, and right now I just put some food in there and it pretty much ignored the food and kept moving up and down.........

Hmm, did you use the same temp of water as you took out? And what do you mean up and down? Like head up, tail down? Or back up and belly down?

Yeah, I tried to use the same temp, pretty sure I got it close at least... :p

Yeah, head up tail down. Just dives straight down with its head facing the gravel, then back up with its head towards the top of the aquarium... I mean it looks like it's having fun at least, haha... but I don't like that it ignored the food... I actually think it may ignore the food a lot when I try to feed it. But I do see it eating off the bottom... so it DOES eat I guess... but yeah, it does the up and down thing all the time really...

Well, maybe it's just excited for the new water then! :) As long as the temp was within 2-3 degrees, you will be okay.
My guppies prefer to eat the food off the bottom too, they are constantly trying to steal the mystery snails wafers...lol

I would just keep an eye on him, but I would think he is just playing in the new water being happy. My guppies put themselves in the bubbles and shoot themselves to the surface. Good thing there's a lid on the tank lol :)

Back
Top Bottom