fish pooh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

affleck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 bristlenose plecs, 3 dalmation mollies, 4 neon tetra and an angel fish. my question is this, my son in law who has a similar sized tank always seems to have ribbons of pooh all overs his tank and hanging from his fish, I don't seem to get this. I feed flakes and plec pellets once a day six days a week and mashed up peas once a week (I work on the premise that the stomach is the size of the eyes), should I be seeing my fish pooh more regular, sorry if this seems a silly or disgusting question but being somewhat new to this I would like to get it right

I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 bristlenose plecs, 3 dalmation mollies, 4 neon tetra and an angel fish. my question is this, my son in law who has a similar sized tank always seems to have ribbons of pooh all overs his tank and hanging from his fish, I don't seem to get this. I feed flakes and plec pellets once a day six days a week and mashed up peas once a week (I work on the premise that the stomach is the size of the eyes), should I be seeing my fish pooh more regular, sorry if this seems a silly or disgusting question but being somewhat new to this I would like to get it right

Sounds to me like you have healthy well fed fish :) your son in law may be over feeding an inferior food. I get ribbons when my plecos have pigged out on veggies. I put it down to all the fibre.

Back
Top Bottom