Fish Suggestions for 37 High

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
Need Fish suggestions for a 37 gal high tank. It already houses:

7 Black Skirts
6 Black Neons
4 Zebra danios
5 Ghost shrimp

I recently took a bunch of Pristellas out to put in my 20 gal and so now have room for some new inhabitants. Pretty clueless as to what I want, so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Was thinking of getting something either larger in size OR more brightly colored than what I already have to draw attention.

My random thoughts:

Not really a gourami fan.

I was thinking possibly giving an angelfish a go, but not sure I really want to go that route.

I don't want neons.

Like cardinals, but can't seem to find them in stock anywhere local.

Would consider some barbs for a splash of color but wasn't sure how they would do with the tetra I have.

Any Thoughts/Ideas? :?:

It can be tricky, but if you have hiding spaces available, consider a pair of German blue rams. I actually have 2 pairs of blues and a pair of golds in a 30 gal community tank with no issues whatsoever. Just my 2 cents.

It's a highly planted tank, so there is some cover. Do they have any specific preferences as far as water conditions i.e. I have moderate hard water and alkalinity? Ph last I checked was around 7.

Rams do like the acidic side of the Ph scale but can adapt to any Ph with the right acclimation. They also like soft water, but Im not sure if they could adapt to moderate or hard.

Have you considered a school of cory catfish? or A school of cherry barbs?

Im not sure how the angelfish would do with those zebras in there, but I guess it would depend on the individual danios personality, whether its nippy or not.

Tyler

Rams do like the acidic side of the Ph scale but can adapt to any Ph with the right acclimation. They also like soft water, but Im not sure if they could adapt to moderate or hard.

Have you considered a school of cory catfish? or A school of cherry barbs?

Im not sure how the angelfish would do with those zebras in there, but I guess it would depend on the individual danios personality, whether its nippy or not.

Tyler
I'd consider barbs. I actually like the color on Tiger barbs but wasn't sure if they'd be peaceful in my tank. Everyone I have is pretty well behaved at this point. My most active fish definitely are the zebras and while they are not nippers, they do love a good chase now and then. I'm not far from That Pet Place, so I have access to any of the barbs on their website.

Back
Top Bottom