Fish tank mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helicopter

Aquarium Advice Activist
Considering how often I drip and spill water onto the carpet surrounding my 24 gallon nanocube, I was thinking, next time I move it I should put some type of mat or rug under it to make it easier to wipe up the water. I was thinking I might be able to buy neoprene tiles or something and build something. Any ideas?

That's funny you ask because just yesterday I saw an aquarium mat for the first time. :) I just throw a towel on the floor in front of the tanks.

Fishyfanatic said:
That's funny you ask because just yesterday I saw an aquarium mat for the first time. :) I just throw a towel on the floor in front of the tanks.

Me too. It also helps muffle any stray noises in the cabinet when not in use.

Just...what are you keeping locked up in that cabinet?

Funny you should mention it, when I moved I put a spare carpet remnant with rubber backing under my 125 gal tank. It has a metal frame and we discovered when we moved the tank there was rust under the frame and on the carpet from slopping.

Zagz said:
Funny you should mention it, when I moved I put a spare carpet remnant with rubber backing under my 125 gal tank. It has a metal frame and we discovered when we moved the tank there was rust under the frame and on the carpet from slopping.

The carpet remnant thing is a great idea. You can usually pick them up pretty cheap too.

Sidi said:

Just...what are you keeping locked up in that cabinet?

Eheim, 2x 1 gallon CO2 fermentors, assorted junk.

Back
Top Bottom