Fish to keep with Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is along the lines of what I was thinking, I'd like the best of both worlds... don't want much do it... lol! I like the idea of the Badis with the Spotted BE but am wondering if the tank will look too bare. The Spotted BE are active and zip around all over the place, especially the males so the mid level is what I think might need some activity. Never kept Badis so do you know what area of the tank they prefer? I know some people on the forum keep them.

Mainly I've seen them in the lower area of the tank, kind of where rams and apistos usually hang out. But also like rams and apistos, they will go to other levels as well.

My embers stayed together loosely I would say. Are the rainbows nippy? I want some fortails but do not want the nippyness commonly associsted with rainbows.

Some people think they are but I have both Threadfins and Spotted BE and I've only ever seen interaction between males. I keep an equal number of males to females or a few more females than males and never have any problem with them. They rarely ever go past about the top third of the tank either. My Threadfins in the 220 spawn quite regularly in the fissidens fontanus moss, much to the delight of my yo-yo loaches.

The spotted blue eyes aren't nippy but they do need a proper male::female ratio otherwise the males will harass the females to death. Definitely one of my favorite nano fish!

Ok well I am no great hand at sexing fish unless its a dead giveaway lol maybe Ill pass on the rainbows

They are in the same family and would have gone with the forktails as my second choice. Here's a link... Spotted Blue-eye - Medium Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale.

Does anyone know if Ember tetras will school in a tank that has no larger fish to make them feel the need to school? Or will they be all over like the crazy Spotted BE's.

My embers school & the only fish in their tank are neons, mosquito Rasboras (awesome nano fish), sparkle gouramis, licorice gouramis, & Dario Dario. So I would think they'd still stick together

Back
Top Bottom